Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing what changes and fixes are deployed each day, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
Staged Cargo Improvements
- Added option to show only staged cargo during a rail car loading operation
- Added a copy-to-clipboard button on the staged cargo index page
- Improved visibility when staging cargo to only show outbound train visits with a status of Upcoming, Due, or Active. Completed train visits will no longer populate in the Outbound Train Visit dropdown menu inside the Stage For Train Visit modal.
- Improved the details in the Current Location column to staged cargo index page. With this update the heap or yard slot location will now display for each staged cargo item.
- Adding new warning methods when a container fails to stage when bulk staging multiple containers for an outbound train visit.
- When staging 10 containers or less and a container fails to stage, an in-app error message will display with the details of which container failed and why.
- When staging 11 or more containers and a container fails to stage, you will receive an email with a detailed report of which containers failed to stage after the bulk stage operation finishes processing.
Voyage Work Queues sort by planning loading sequence
Voyage Work Queue items are now sorted in ascending order according to the planned loading sequence by default
Automatically deny export container drop offs before a specific date
Added feature to prevent receiving full export containers prior to a date set on the voyage when drop offs will be allowed.
There are 3 components to this feature:
- ADMIN – Organization Setting
- When enabled, the specified default number of days before you start receiving full export containers is added to all new voyages.
- VOYAGES – “Begin Receiving Drop Off Full Export Containers” Date/Time field
- Manually set or adjust the default date full export containers can be received.
- VOYAGES – “Block Receiving Drop Off Full Export Containers” YES/NO toggle switch
- YES enables planners to block users from receiving full export containers at the gate.
- NO warns gate clerks that full export container drop offs are not permitted but allows them to receive if necessary.
Added ability to track chassis during rail car operations
Chassis can now be tracked during rail car tally operations. This setting allows containers to be discharged to a chassis during an Inbound Train Visit discharge operation.
To enable this option, navigate to the Configuration tab in your Organization Settings and enable the setting: "Do you track chassis during rail operations?"
- Added a new report: Pre-Advices Report.
- Added Cargo Delivered webhook event: cargo_delivered
Added data points for Active BL and VIN number to the General Cargo API
Added an API endpoint to create containers
Add the ability to create truck visits and interchanges using Truck Visit API and Pre Advice