Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing what changes and fixes are deployed each day, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
Drop off and pick up chassis
It is now possible to add Drop Off Chassis and Pick Up Chassis buttons to the Purpose section of the Pre-gate in form.
This feature requires enabling an Organization Setting before it is available. To enable click Admin in the Main Menu and select Organization.
Click the Configuration tab and scroll down to the setting that reads "Do you want to pick up and drop off chassis during pre-gate in process?"
Click the toggle switch to display Yes, then scroll down and click Save.
Added a new filter category Restow Type in Vessel Plan page. This contains 3 filters:
- Shifting - Non restow shifting
- Restow - Restow shifting
- N/A - No shiftings found
Gates & Yard
- Yard Slot ID now displays in the Container Audit Logs.
- Added a Consignee field to the Cargo Criteria configuration.
- Added an Outbound Train Visit field to the Cargo Criteria configuration.
- The Booking field can now be set as an optional field on the pre-gate in form when picking up an empty container. Learn more about requiring validation on the pre-gate form.
- Rail Car, Rail Car Type, Rail Destinations and Rail Tracks have moved from Rail menu panel to Admin menu panel. This update ensures the best data preservation options and better configuration access at the admin-level.
- Added Dock Receipts filter to the General Cargo Inventory Report.
- Added Bills of Lading filter to the General Cargo Inventory Report.
- Improved the Container Stripped webhook event to include stripped cargo details, including
- stripped container_id
- Added ability to process COREOR EDI message.
This addition allows Octopi to lift or apply holds, update holds reference numbers, and update the release PIN number according to the EDI message.
This update also includes a new pipeline configuration for processing COREOR messages. To configure which holds are managed using this message type, a setting must be enabled for individual hold types.
In the Admin menu panel, click Hold Types. Click Edit next to an existing hold type that will be managed with COREOR EDI messages. Scroll down and click the checkbox next to "Would you like to manage this hold via COREOR (EDIFACT) EDI?"
Then click Save.