Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing updates and fixes as they are deployed to our servers, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
New Feature Highlights
Octopi recently received a branding refresh with an updated color scheme to further transition into the Kaleris product family! ;While the look may be changing, we want to assure you that our dedication to your success remains unwavering. These changes are only in appearance.
Additionally you will notice similar changes to look of our Knowledge Base as well. We appreciate your patience as we work to update our video tutorials and images in our guides. The functionality of Octopi described in our guides and videos remains unchanged.
We hope you enjoy the new look!
Octopi recently launched Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) to improve security for user logins. Multi-factor authentication is an authentication process that allows access to a website or application only after two or more methods of electronic authentication are activated.
- Added a Configuration setting to automatically send a notification email, with the delivery receipt attached as a PDF, to consignees upon completing general cargo deliveries.
- Updated the Contact field on the New/Edit Agent forms to accept multiple email addresses as a comma-separated list. When a voyage or stuffing/stripping tally is associated with an agent, and tally verification is completed, the tally report can now be send to the mailing list instead of one single email address.
- Eliminated a process that removed consignees from partially stripped container to prevent issues or confusion with container details and invoicing.
- Changes to a chassis or genset are now considered as changes to the associated container as well. This improvement should simplify locating changes to chassis or gensets within a container's audit logs.
- Added a Notes field to added comments during Reefer Monitoring. Saved notes are also visible on a Container show page under the Reefer Monitoring tab and made available in the Reefer Monitoring Report.
- Added an active/inactive switch to the Genset index page and form. This setting can also be used while filtering a search or validating that a genset is active before marrying it to a container.
- Added a Container Status icon (Full/Empty) to containers listed on the Waybill tab on the Container show page and Waybill index page.
- Added logic to create chassis mount/dismount movements when marrying a container with a chassis or divorcing a container from a chassis. This only works when an organization is configured to track chassis movements.
- Added touch capabilities to drag & drop items in yard area grids while using a tablet device.
- Added ability to a create a yard movement when moved or relocated to a yard slot, warehouse, or terminal.
- Added ability to deselect a container by clicking on it again when selecting containers in Batch Action and Pick Modes on a Yard Area page in grid view. The improvement makes the process more convenient, prevents accidental selections, and enhances the overall user experience for yard planners.
- Added a new Chassis icon to yard areas in Grid View to improve visibility and ease identifying a chassis location within a yard.
- Added a new Chassis List View tab to wheeled grid yard area pages which lists the chassis located in that yard along with their basic information like Chassis Number, Owner, Container, and Current Yard Slot.
Invoicing & Tariffs
- Add support for Tanzanian Shillings.
- Added an input field and column for Shipping Lines to Terminal Transfer Report.
- Fixed the Pre-Advices Report to remove default values from pre-advices that do not have an associated purpose.
- Added a Gensets column to the Gate Movements Report.
- Added Remarks column to downloadable Movements CSV Report.
- Added the Train Visit Report.
- Added Started at, Ended at, and Custom fields to the Terminal Service Report.
- Updated the Chassis Report to show the Chassis Number column with links to the show page.
- Added a PIN field to all the container APIs, allowing GOS or 3rd party service providers to securely execute gate flow.
GET /api/v1/containers/:number.json- Returns information about the container.
POST /api/v1/containers.json- Creates a container not currently at the terminal.
PATCH /api/v1/containers/:number.json- Updates the container's attributes.
- Added the
pinparam to the
api::V1::TruckVisits::InterchangesController#createaction to allow users to make use of PIN verification via Octopi's API.
- Added API endpoints for vehicles.
GET /api/v1/vehicles.json- Gets a list of vehicles.
GET /api/v1/vehicles/:id.json- Returns information about a specific vehicle.
PATCH /api/v1/vehicles/:id.json- Updates a vehicle's data.
- Added more data to the
api/v1/truck_drivers#indexresponse to allow users to get additional driver information via API, including:
- Allowed until date
- Trucking Company
- Added a new
createendpoint for Voyages and improved the controller and documentation.
- Created a new webhook event: Cargo Yard Transfer.
- Added a Filters panel to Chassis Index Page.
- Moved the Chassis and Genset menu links from the Admin menu panel to the Cargo menu panel.
- Moved the Genset widgets from the Gensets index page to the Dashboard.
- Moved the Chassis widgets from the Chassis index page to the Dashboard.
- Added a SFTP public key field with a copy to clipboard button to the EDI Settings show page. If the setting has an SFTP public key, it will displayed on this page and can be copied with a single click.
- Added the ability for team members (with Users: Write permission enabled for their role) can trigger a flow to disable MFA for a user within their organization.