Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing updates and fixes as they are deployed to our servers, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
- Added a new permission Tally: Verify Seal: Write. Only users with this permission
can turn on/off the Verify Seal toggle while loading/discharging cargo.
Added Organization Settings to show or hide Purpose buttons, when a truck visit is created via the Pre-Gate In, Interchange In, and Interchange Out forms. These settings are determined for the organization based on the terminal operational needs.:
Container Drop Off
Container Pick Up
General Cargo Drop Off
General Cargo Pick Up
To change these settings, click Admin in the Main Menu and select Organization. Click the Configuration tab, and locate the following settings:
- Do you want to pick up and drop off chassis during the pre-gate in process?
- Do you want to pick up and drop off containers during the pre-gate in process?
- Do you want to pick up and drop off general cargo during the pre-gate in process?
Enable or disable these setting as needed by for your organization. When finished, scroll down and click Save.
- Added Purpose options to create an Appointment or Pre-Advice for a Chassis Pick Up or Chassis Drop Off.
The organization setting "Do you want to pick up and drop off chassis during the pre-gate in process?" must be enabled for these features to be available.
- Added the Equipment Damage Images for vehicles and boats in the Dock Receipt Voucher.
To enable this option, navigate to the Configurations tab in Organization Settings and enable the setting labeled, "Do you want to always show the damage diagrams to draw on the interchange receipts and dock receipts, even if there are no damages?"
- Added new attributes to train visits:
- Estimated time of arrival
- Actual time of arrival
- Estimated time of departure
- Actual time of departure
These fields are now available on the New/Edit Train Visit forms. Reports and EDI classes are also updated to use the new attributes.
Train Visit Report improvements:
- Improved logic to pull all containers on a train visit regardless of tallied status.
- Added two columns:
- Current Location of the Container
- Track Number of the Rail Car
- Added a Send Now option to instantly send a Scheduled Report.
- Changed the Voyage field from required to optional on the Bookings Report.
Adds the ability to disable individual EDI settings and pause all EDI processes for that setting. Settings will be automatically disabled when there is an error with connection during upload or download and an email and Slack message will be sent to notify that the setting is disabled.
To manually disable/enable an existing EDI setting, click Admin in the Main Menu and select EDI Settings. Click Edit next to the setting. Then check or uncheck the Enable EDI Setting option to enable or disable the setting. When finished, click Save.
- Added API endpoints to list, view, create, update, reschedule, and cancel appointments in Octopi, as well as an API to fetch the available appointment slots for a given date.
- Added a
truck_driver_idparam to the Truck Visits, Pre-Advices and Appointments APIs. This improvement will allow depots and inland terminals to better handle gating truck drivers who operate for multiple trucking companies.
- Improved how data is scoped for Truck Appointments, Delivery Orders, and Pre-Advices based on the current user account. This ensures that users, such as Agents, Consignees, and Shipping Lines, only see data related to them.