Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing updates and fixes as they are deployed to our servers, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
New Feature Highlights
Introducing the Kaleris Community Portal
The Octopi Help Center, including the Support Requests form and the Octopi Knowledge Base, has moved to the Kaleris Community Portal. This change is part of our efforts to ensure the continued efficiency of our support services.
What can you expect with this change?
- User credentials: The Community Portal will use a separate set of credentials from the ones you use to access the Octopi TOS application.
- Be sure to check your inbox for a recent email with the subject “Welcome to The Kaleris Community Portal!”
- Follow the prompts in that email to complete your credentials.
- You will still be able to use the Help (?) icon to navigate from the Octopi TOS to the community portal.
- Updated Customer Handbook: An updated copy of the Customer Handbook with detailed instructions on how to use the Community Portal is now available for download.
- Login to submit new cases: The Support Web Widget will no longer be available to create cases directly from within the Octopi TOS application. You must login to the Community Portal to submit cases. This will help to ensure that all necessary information is provided on the cases and eliminate any discrepancies with email addresses on cases.
- Past case management: All current and past cases have been migrated to the Community Portal for a seamless transition.
- Knowledge Base guides: All help guides and tutorials have been migrated to the Community Portal as well. Please refer to the Using the Octopi Knowledge Base guide for updated details and to watch the recorded live training session from Nov. 1, 2023.
We understand that change can sometimes bring uncertainty, but we assure you that this migration is aimed at maintaining and improving your overall support experience.
If you have any questions, concerns about this migration, or need help with your new login credentials, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help and supply guidance as needed. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty as a valued customer. We look forward to serving you effectively through this transition to the new Community Portal.
Octopi already has four built-in services for container terminals and depots to utilize -- cleaning, scanning, inspection, and reseals. Additionally, custom services can be configured using the Terminal Services feature.
Service Orders allows organizations effectively track all of the services performed in their operations and help allocate the right amount of staff, time, and equipment to operate the services.
Cargo & Voyages
- Added ability to define stowage location during tally for overshipped container.
- Added support for chassis when scheduling an appointment for a container pick up/drop off.
- Added support for chassis when creating an pre-advice for a container pick up/drop off.
- Fixed issue with Destination selection for Work Queues.
- The Train Visit CSV importer can now accept multi-character platform labels.
Invoicing & Tariffs
- Added Bahamian dollars (BSD) as support currency.
- Added Schedule Report Delivery option for the Voyage Productivity Report and Detention Report
- Enabled the Container Inventory Report and Containers At Terminal With Holds Report to be accessible by Shipping Line users. To access these reports as user with a Work Location designated as "Shipping Line" in their Profile, the Shipping Line Reports permission must be enabled for the user's role.
- Added the Train Visits List Report
- Add Yard Location columns to Chassis Inventory Report
- Added validation to the email field on the new Scheduled Report page.
- Added setting to disable EDI Messages from being generated for Terminal Transfers.
- Renamed the Cargo Yard Transfer webhook event to Cargo Relocation.
- Improved Octopi header layout
- Improved visibility with a darker green for the menu panel background color
- Improved usability in the Berth Area dropdown list on the Voyage form. Autocomplete will now detect both the beginning and ending of berth area names.