The Customer Success Team is available to answer questions, and resolve any issues via email . You can choose the submission method that works best for your request.
We have created a range of support articles to support using features and processes in Octopi. We recommend all users first search and review our Knowledge Base to find your answer as fast as possible.
Before you begin
Tickets can only be submitted by Terminal Staff and permission to submit a support ticket may be restricted depending on your role within the organization. Users working outside the terminal organization do not have permission to submit support tickets and must contact the terminal administrators to request support.
Download Customer Handbook
Download an electronic copy of the Octopi by Navis Customer Handbook as a PDF file.
Watch a video
Note: The interface and available options in your organization's account may appear slightly different than this video recording. This depends on your configuration, enabled permissions, and any recent updates to the appearance of Octopi.
Emailing the Customer Success Team
Once you have submitted a ticket via the Contact Us page and the Customer Success Team responds, you can reply via email.
In order to resolve your request and reported issues as quickly as possible we ask that you only initiate support tickets via the Contact Us page or the Support widget within Octopi.
Submitting initial support tickets and requests via email does not provide vital account information that the team requires to help you and your team resolve issues and requests promptly.
Using the Contact Us page
Log into the Octopi Knowledge Base. Enter the same email and password that you use to access Octopi. If you are unable to gain access, please reach out to your system administrator to set up credentials for you.
By submitting a ticket through the Contact Us page, you'll automatically provide important account information to our team, have access to managing your pending cases, have the highest visibility of their status, and follow up with our team.
Submit a support ticket
Click Contact Us on the top navigation bar, to the left of your name.
On the Contact Us page, you will find a ticket submission form. Please use the form to provide as much possible detail to describe your question or issue to the Customer Success Team - this includes actions taken prior to encountering issues, devices, settings, browser versions, and screenshots of the issue or error.
Fill in each of the fields to build your ticket for submission to the Customer Success Team for resolution.
Choosing a ticket category
|Report an Error||Current functionality in the software is not working to specifications as described in the documentation. Something that was working is no longer working as expected.|
|New Feature Request||Request for a brand new feature to be added to the system.|
|Enhancement Request||Request for an enhancement to an existing feature in the system.|
|Ask a Question||
Ask a question about the system or a specific module.
|Assistance or Task Request||
Request assistance from support regarding how to use a feature in the system or request the Octopi team to perform a quick task that you cannot complete in the system yourself.
Choosing a priority level
|P1 - Show Stopper URGENT||
Mission critical business process(es) are unavailable or having a major adverse impact on operations and no workaround is available.
ATTENTION: Selecting "P1 - Show Stopper (URGENT)" will alert/wake up the support engineers and signify there is a critical failure with PagerDuty.
Please only use this priority level if your operations are at a complete standstill due to the error.
|P2 - High||Mission critical business process(es) are being adversely impacted on an intermittent basis. A workaround exists but is not sustainable|
|P3 - Moderate||An issue exists that is having a minor adverse impact on operations or end user experience. A workaround may or may not exist.|
|P4 - Low||
The issue has low to no impact on customer operations, and system is functioning normally and as expected
Applies to Low Priority Errors and medium priority Feature & Enhancement Requests
Ticket Submission Form Fields
- Subject: Provide a short description of your request. This could include keywords to describe what is occurring if there is a bug or an issue, or a short description of a feature request or question you’d like to submit to the team.
- Ticket Category: Choose the option that best describes the reason for your support submission.
- Octopi Module / System Section: Select the name of the Octopi Module or section of the system where the issue is occurring. This list may change as we update and improve the available modules and features. Please refer to the list in the ticket form to make your choice
- Ticket Priority: Choose the option that best describes the urgency and impact of the issue or request on your daily operations.
- Description & Attachments: Describe in detail the issue you are encountering, the feature you are requesting, or the question you’d like to ask. Be sure to add as much information as possible so our team can understand your request.
Helpful details to include:
- The action/task you are attempting to accomplish
- The troubleshooting you've already tried to resolve the problem on your own
- The page of the system where you are encountering the issue
- Specific names, numbers, IDs, screenshots, etc.
- Error message you are receiving
- Any helpful attachments (.csv files, Manifests, BAPLIES, reports, etc.)
After you’ve completed the form, click the Submit button at the bottom to submit your request to the Customer Success Team. The team will receive your request and respond to you accordingly. You can view the responses from the Octopi team by viewing the related tickets
Using the Support Widget in Octopi
Alternatively, you can submit a support ticket directly from our in-app Support Widget. Click the Support button, found at the bottom right corner of all pages throughout the platform, to open the widget. The widget will expand to display a form to submit an issue directly from the TOS.
If you do not see the widget while logged in to the system, please consult with the Administrator on your team.
- Your name: This field is optional, but filling it in will be helpful for our team.
- Email address: The email address provided here will be used to continue communication for this request.
- Ticket Category: Choose the option that best describes the reason for your support submission. Please refer to the Ticket Category table above.
- Octopi Module / System Section: Select the name of the Octopi Module or section of the system where the issue is occurring. This list may change as we update and improve the available modules and features.
- Ticket Priority: Choose the option that best describes the priority and impact the issue or request is having on your daily operations. Please refer to the Ticket Priority table above.
- How can we help you?: Provide the details of the issue you are encountering, the steps you are following, and what you’d expect to be happening.
- Attachments: You also have the option to add any helpful attachments within the widget as well.
Complete the form and click “Send” to submit your issue to the Customer Success Team. After submitting, you will receive an automated email to the address you provided confirming that your request was received by the system.
When a Customer Success Team member adds their comments to the ticket, you will receive a reply to the original email thread. To add comments to the ticket, just reply to the email and they will be added to the ticket in the support system.
You can also manage the open ticket on the Octopi Support Website by following the steps detailed in the View Submitted Support Tickets below.
Viewing submitted Support Tickets
With the Octopi Knowledge Base, you have the ability to view and manage the support tickets that you’ve submitted to the Customer Success Team. You can navigate to the ticket dashboard by clicking on “My activities” in the dropdown menu under your name at the top of the page.
You will be taken to a page that displays a view of all your active and solved tickets. You can expand any ticket to view the details by clicking on the subject line of the ticket.
The ticket details page will display all of the important information and communication about the issue. Click the Subject of any ticket to view the Ticket Details page with the full thread and important case details.
Communicating with the Customer Success Team on a ticket
On the Ticket Details page, you will be able to communicate with the Customer Success Team by adding comments to the ticket. Add your comments and responses in the Add to conversation box at the bottom of the ticket.
Your comment will be posted into the conversation above, and the Customer Success Team will be alerted that you’ve added a comment to the ticket.
If the Customer Success Team has asked a question on the ticket and they need your reply to move forward, you will see that the ticket is marked as “Awaiting your reply” with a green status label.
The Customer Success Team will work through the issues and let you know when they’ve been solved by updating the ticket with a comment for you. Octopi will also move the ticket to Solved status.
If you find that some tickets may remain in the Open status, but are in fact considered as solved, please do help us out by clicking the Mark as solved button on the ticket details page.
Feature & Enhancement Requests
One of the main benefits of the Octopi system is the real time updates and improvements that are regularly deployed to the software. We don’t operate with different versions or module tiers - so every one of our users and clients across the globe have access to the same features and functionality. Scalability across the client base allows us to pass cost savings onto our client, respond to our clients quicker, and represents a core differentiator. We don’t build new features and enhance our system based on the needs of just one client.
Feature and Enhancement Requests will need to be evaluated and vetted by the Product/Engineering Team and also gauged by Sales and Marketing for feasibility. The requests must align with the vision and planned Octopi roadmap. Feedback and input from our users is valued as it shapes the software and allows us to innovate at a superior pace. We cannot guarantee that all Feature and Enhancement requests can or will be built and deployed to the tool but we always strive to meet your needs.