What's new in Octopi? It's a new year and we already have great slate of new features to share with you!
Octopi now offers a new feature for organizations that operate more than one terminal at a single port. Consider an operation where cargo discharged from a vessel at Terminal A, may actually need to be stored across the bay at Terminal B.
Terminal Transfers are used to move cargo via barge or truck from one terminal to another without requiring gate movements, lifting holds, or complicating invoices.
- Added filters to the Transfer Requests page.
- Added the ability to create batch transfer requests from the Containers index page.
- Added the ability to create batch transfer requests from a voyage's Manifest page.
- Added logic to create a work queue item when a transfer-in request is made.
- Container transfers can now be blocked by container holds.
- Improved error messages when submitting a transfer request for cargo that has a transfer request hold.
Tiered Pricing for Tariffs
When creating a tariff that uses a Storage event type and a time-based billed per, you can select a Pricing Strategy to define multiple pricing tiers. You will have the option to choose a Tiered or Volume strategy. The strategy you choose will depend on your own situation. Each type has its advantages to generate revenue and build stronger relationships with customers.
Volume Pricing calculates the maximum amount comprehensively per your selected time-base.
Tiered Pricing calculates the amount by the range of each time-base you have set.
- Added the ability to define multiple pricing tiers for storage tariffs.
- Fixed a issue when filtering tariffs by a specific shipping line or consignee
Discharge general cargo directly to a truck for delivery. This feature is designed for discharging cargo that will never be stored at the terminal, commonly dry bulk operations.
To use Direct Delivery, click Admin in the Main Menu and choose Organization Settings. In the Configuration tab, enable the toggle switch next to Do you verify trucks during tally? and click Save.
Once enabled, a Truck field will display in the Tallies modal to verify delivery trucks at the berth.
Track chassis during RoRo tallies
This update adds an Organization Setting, under the Configuration tab, to enable chassis tracking during RoRo tally operations.
Once enabled an optional Chassis field will display in the Tallies modal as cargo is loaded and discharged. Add the chassis number in the field as the cargo is tallied to track the chassis as well.
Separate Voyage Numbers
This update adds the ability to set separate voyage numbers for shipping lines on dynamic load lists. These shipping line voyage numbers are used for EDI messages in situations where the voyage numbers used by the shipping line differ from the voyage numbers used by the port.
To utilize this when planning a voyage that has multiple shipping lines, navigate to the Plan Loading page. Then click on Voyage Numbers button in the top right. Click Edit and make the required changes to the voyage numbers. When finished, click Save. You can verify the voyage numbers show correctly on the Voyage Numbers page and on the Voyage show page.
Voyages & Tallies Improvements
- When using a BAPLIE file as a manifest, Octopi now correctly sets the container usage to Import or Transshipment.
- Prevent color picker from displaying when you click on a legend square in the vessel plan view.
- Added a break when listing each manifest on the Tally page.
- Added Time Arrival and Departure Pilots boarded a voyage to the Voyage page.
- Fixed a bug on the Voyage Events page and added filters.
- Added an Organization Setting, under the Configuration tab, to show or hide truck driver numbers and licenses on Truck Visit Vouchers.
- Removed requirement for the truck number on the Truck Gate-In form.
- Added ability to register multiple truck drivers with same TWIC, license number, or driver number for one organization, as long as they belong to different trucking companies.
- When a truck visit Purpose is set as To Be Determined, we now show the gate-in comment on the voucher.
- Truck driver number and license number now display on the Truck Visit Vouchers.
- Fixed a bug when generating a voucher for picking up an empty container.
- Fixed a bug on the Truck Gate-In form that caused the visit purpose validations to display even when the purpose was changed to To Be Determined.
Yard Slot Suggestions
- Added Shippers Owned as a new cargo criterion for yard slot suggestions.
- Added Container Owner as a new cargo criterion for yard slot suggestions.
- Added the yard area name to the yard slot autocomplete suggestions.
- Fixed a UI issue when pre-filling the yard slot suggestion in the Claim Work Queue modal.
- Added new API endpoints to create, read, update, and delete consignees.
- Updated to the newly released consignees API endpoints.
- Added an API endpoint to update an invoice's General Ledger ID.
- Added the ability to apply holds to containers via the Container Inventory CSV importer.
- Allows passing in a name or a code when the Owner Type is Shipping Line in the Chassis CSV importer.
- Added detection that will return an error when the Last Moved At field does not contain a valid date/time in the Container Inventory CSV uploader.
- General improvements to the Genset CSV importer.
- Fixed a bug where Notes were not being saved on the General Cargo Load List CSV importer.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Packing List CSV importer to exit early, if any errors were encountered while processing the CSV file.
- Improved Tally Reports to include cargo reference numbers.
- Added new columns to Voyages List Report for Actual Time of Berth and Actual Time of Berth Departure.
- Added new columns to the Voyage Load List Report for hazmat codes, OOG, tags, and Non-Operating Reefers (NOR).
- Added the ability to filter the Container Damages and General Cargo Damages reports by remarks or repair notes.
- Added the ability to filter the General Cargo Damages Report by dates.
- Added a Shipping Marks column to the General Cargo Inventory Report.
- Fixed a bug in the General Cargo Inventory Report, which was not displaying cargo currently in yard areas.
- Added the ability to filter the Terminal Transfers Report by a date & time.
Fixed Issues & Enhancements
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Voyage Load List Report to not show any containers under the Loaded tab.
- General cargo with a quantity of zero will not show on the General Cargo Inventory Report.
- Fixed a bug that was disallowing divorcing chassis from containers.
- Fixed a bug when showing container damage images in emails.
- Added a Permission and ability to create, view, update, and delete Container Owners.
- Added the ability to filter containers by a specific terminal.
- Added the ability to filter general cargo by a specific terminal.
- Made some improvements to the container filters. Containers in all locations will now be displayed by default.
- Added search functionality for deleted movements.
- Added compact view for the General Cargo inventory page.
- Fixed a filtering bug on the General Cargo inventory page.
- Added support for Load List Queue to organizations using the dynamic load list.
- Added logic to preserve the filters upon redirect after performing batch actions on containers and general cargo.
- Added the ability to upload custom image templates to report equipment damages.
- Added a permission and ability to create, read, update, and delete brokers.
- Added a column to the Container inventory page to see tags that have been applied.
- Added a Permission and ability to create, read, update, and delete Barges.
- Added the time since anomalies were created to the warning message on the Container show page.
- Added a new universal search bar to easily find containers, general cargo, bill of ladings, and bookings.
- Added the ability to search for Dock Receipts in the universal search bar.
- Added a holds filter to the container index page.
- User is now able to click on the support documentation for the plan loading and plan discharge pages.
- Updated 322 EDI messages to include ZZ*00~ when trucking companies do not have a SCAC code.
- Added logic to delete stale work queue items when a cargo is loaded to vessel using dynamic load list.
- Fixed the plan loading link in the flash message upon creating a load list for organizations with dynamic load lists.
- Fixed a bug when canceling damage reporting of a container.
- Container manifests can now be filtered by tags.
- Added a Tags column to the Yard Areas table pages.