When you signed up for your Octopi user account, you entered an email address to use as your login and chose a unique password. This guide explains how to change your password while logged in or reset it while locked out.
If you can't log in to your account
Note: If you're not sure which email address is associated with your Octopi user account, visit Recovering your account email address.
Resetting your password
If you've forgotten the password associated with your Octopi user account and cannot login,
- Visit Octopi Sign In page.
- Click the Forgot My Password link.
- Follow the steps on screen to reset your password.
You will receive a password reset email to securely reset your password and regain access to your account.
If you’re already logged in to your account
Changing your account password
Use the following steps to change your account password while logged in.
- Log in to your Octopi account using your current email address and password.
- Click your user name, usually your first and last name, in the far right corner of the purple top bar.
- Click Profile in the dropdown menu.
- Locate the Password field and enter the new password in the field.
- Click Save.
Choosing a strong password
Octopi has certain requirements to ensure your password is secure.
- Must be a minimum of 8 characters
- Must contain at least one numerical digit
- Must contain at least one lower-case letter
- Must contain at least one upper-case letter
- Must contain at least one punctuation mark or symbol
However these requirements only the fundamentals and satisfying them does not guarantee that your password is strong. To ensure access remains secure, users...
- Should choose strong password that is not easy to guess
- Should keep their passwords stored securely and encrypted
- Should change passwords periodically
- Should not reuse passwords for multiple sites, services, or applications.
- Should not use common names, patterns, or repeated strings
Using a reputable strong password generator and using an encrypted password vault is recommended.