Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing what changes and fixes are deployed each day, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
This article contains links to help guides that are only accessible by Octopi users who are logged into their account.
The Payment Portal allows 3rd-party users to securely log in to a terminal-managed Octopi account and view the charges for a group of containers or bill of lading. The Payment Portal permission must be enabled for user's roles to gain access.
Viewing charges and containers in the Payment Portal
Inviting new users
Logging in to Octopi
Voyage Timeline & Productivity
- Redesigned the voyage timeline graph view.
- Shows the duration of events in the voyage timeline.
- Fixed issues related to voyage productivity calculations.
- Added the ability to target specific container types in tariffs.
- Added the ability to filter tariffs by gate
- Added the ability to associate a Freight Forwarder to the Booking or Bill of Lading during the Train Visit CSV import process.
- Added logic to auto-reposition other rail cars when you update the position of a rail car in a train visit.
- Improved and consolidated the filters on the truck visits index page.
- Added the ability to change position of rail cars on rail tracks.
Cargo & Voyages
- Added the ability to clone Delivery Orders.
- The Containers Index page departure voyage filter now takes into account shipping line voyage numbers that might be in place on the load list. It's common for a feeder vessels to have bookings for different shipping lines on the same voyage, each with their own booking number. In these situations, the departure voyage filter in Octopi will now correctly identify the containers that arrived with bookings created with the shipping line voyage numbers.
- Added an additional column to the dynamic load list table to show: Weight, Hazmat information, and reefer temperatures.
- Improved the performance and readability of the dynamic load list pages
- Added the ability to filter delivery orders from the delivery orders inventory page.
- Added the ability to create line items for delivery orders with search criteria.
- Added delivery order remarks to the general cargo delivery pickup voucher and receipt.
Gates & Yard
- Added the ability to create new containers on the fly from a truck visit's new interchange form.
- Allowed creating new containers on-the-fly from the Truck Gate-In page.
- Add checks to the Truck Gate In form that warn when the booking's trucking company doesn't match the truck's or truck driver's trucking company.
- Make the usage column case insensitive in the Train Visit CSV importer.
- Introduced a new report: Container Inventory Report.
- Added the ability to filter the Gate Movements Report by a specific user.
- Added two new columns to the Container Damage Report: Container Type and Sold Status.
- Added a Container Owner column to the Containers For Sale report.
- Added some columns to general cargo delivery report.
- Added new columns to the Dock Receipts report: Shipping Line, Truck, Trucking Company, and Truck Visit Duration.
- Added the ability to filter by shipping lines on the Stuffing Only Report.
- Improved the voyage name being displayed on the Vessel Movements Report filter.
- Adds a dwell time column to the Gate Movements Report
- Added a Shipping Line filter to the Dock Receipts report.
- Removed the column 'last discharge at' and added 'dwell time' for the gate movement report.
- Added cargo to the Voyages - Bill of Ladings API show and index endpoints.
- Updated the Cargoes/Hold and Containers/Hold API to allow API clients to set "Lifted Until" when lifting a hold.
- Added the ability to create "admin" movements from Movements > New page for chassis or genset only.
- Added VAT Numbers to Agents, Shipping Lines, Trucking Companies, Consignees, and Freight Forwarders.
- Split Agents permissions into three permissions: Read, Write, and Delete.
- Added breadcrumbs to shipping line pages.
- Improved the performance of the shipping line show page.
- Fixed an issue with filtering general cargo list page by tags.