Let's take a look at what's new in Octopi this month!
We're working everyday to improve Octopi and enhance your experience. If you're interested in seeing what changes and fixes are deployed each day, you can check out the Changelog in Octopi.
Webhooks allow you to build or set up integrations, which subscribe to specific supported events in Octopi. When one of those events is triggered, we'll send an HTTP POST payload to the URL configured for the webhook. This means the most current data is able to be sent at the time of the event.
For example, you can configure the reefer plugged in event to push data to a third-party application, which can help you visualize the JSON payload that Octopi pushes.
Bulk Complete Tallies
For terminals with operations that require all cargo to be tallied at once outside of the time that loading or discharging occurs, Octopi allows you to bulk complete a tally operation. This allows you to discharge or load all the items in the tally with one click.
For imports of individually barcoded bulk cargo, this allows the tally to be completed and barcode scanning to take place after the discharge operation.
This feature requires the Tally: Bulk Complete permission to be enabled for a user's role who will be operating.
- Added the ability to comment on Invoices.
- Adds the ability to filter tariffs by a tag.
- Added ability to generate invoices when Terminal Services are applied.
- Added the ability to charge:
- Reefer Pre-Trip Inspections to Agents and Shipping Lines.
- Container Cleaning to Agents and Shipping Lines.
- Container Scanning to Agents and Shipping Lines.
- Container Weight to Agents and Shipping Lines.
- Customs Verification to Agents.
Cargo & Voyages
- It's now possible to visualize the bays that are physically linked in Vessel Planning (even bays). The slot can be configured on the slots configuration page.
- When creating new voyages, if you select a ship that has visited the terminal already, show the arrival date of that ship in addition to the voyage number.
- Added an indicator to show if a container has unlifted holds on the containers index page.
- Improved the way we handle shipping marks in Octopi to support a bill of lading with multiple cargo and different shipping marks for each cargo.
- Return, supply and set point temperature as well as humidity and ventilation are now being tracked during reefer plugging movement.
- Fixed a bug when filtering the containers index page by holds.
- Fixed the cargo autocomplete on the Delivery Orders form to only display cargo at the terminal.
- Added the ability to use delivery order search criteria when filtering general cargo deliveries.
- Added status to train visits. A train visit status can be set as Upcoming, Due, Active, or Completed.
- Added logic to display a warning when overlanding a cargo on an inbound train visit.
- Added permission to tally cargoes on a train visit.
- Added new permissions to manage train visits.
- Deprecated old permissions to manage train visits.
- Added improvements to movements created on cargo in a train visit.
- Added validation to prevent loading cargo on a rail car visit if it's not present at the terminal.
- Added support for rail cars with longer platforms.
Gates & Yard
- Added a bill of lading validation to the pre-gate in form for organizations that would like to make use of the feature.
- Added an organization-level setting to allow for bill of lading validation on the Truck Gate In form.
- Improved the usability of interchange and gate pages.
- Fixed a warning message that occurred during the truck gate in flow, when the terminal of the selected gate differed from the terminal where the container is currently located.
- Added the ability to filter the truck visits by gate on the truck visits index page.
- Added the ability to include Arrival Voyage to general cargo imported via Inventory CSV upload.
- Added support for adding empty rail cars to Train Visit CSV upload.
- Fixed a parsing issue with General Cargo CSV Inventory uploader which was causing Last Moved At to be parsed in the wrong time zone.
- Added the ability to record hazardous material information from packing list CSV importer.
- Added a new report: Terminal Visits Report.
- Added a new report: Delivery Orders Report.
- Users can now pin filtered results from the Container index page, General Cargo index page, and Reports page.
- Added a gate column to the Truck Visits Report.
- Added gate and terminal filters to the Truck Visits Report.
- Moved the dimension and weight units from the rows into the headers of the General Cargo Inventory Report.
- Added a container status column to the Work Queue Items Report.
- Split the Arrival Voyage column on the Container Terminal Inventory Report into two columns: Arrival Vessel and Arrival Voyage.
- Added a remarks column to the Reefer Pre-Trip Inspection Report.
- Shipping Line users can now view truck visits for interchanges concerning their shipping line.
- Added email notification to send the general cargo delivery order receipt to the consignee.